Name Change

Generally, a name change can be accomplished as part of a Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce.  But if you do not ask for a change at that time, you can file a petition of name change with the Superior Court of your resident county.  The petition will be published in your resident county’s local paper for 4 weeks and then the same county’s Superior Court Judge will hold a hearing to consider your request.  As long as the name change is not being requested in order to fraudulently deprive others of any legal rights under law, your name change should be granted.  See O.C.G.A. § 19-12-1.

Pandora E. Palmer has an office in McDonough, Georgia and serves clients throughout all of Georgia, including: Butts, Clayton, Coweta, Fayette, Henry, Lamar, Monroe, Newton, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, and Upson counties.

© 2018 Pandora E. Palmer P.C. | Disclaimer
80 Macon Street, McDonough, GA 30253
| Phone: 678-432-9958

Family Law | Criminal Law | Juvenile Law | Personal Injury | Probate / Guardianship | Stepparent Adoptions | | Our Team | Resources | Testimonials

Law Firm Website Design by
Amicus Creative